Vice President, Finance Technology
JP Morgan Chase & Co.
- Architect, Team Lead and Applications Developer for Regulatory Reporting Technology, with addi-
tional responsibilities across the Valuations Control Group and Regulatory Capital Management Office
- Architecting and leading the development of the firm's new International Regulatory Reporting plat-
form. Moving from an expensive vendor product to a streamlined and efficient in-house calculation
framework written in Python.
- Leading a team to implement SA-CCR - a new counterparty credit risk regulation going live in 2018
for multiple jurisdictions.
- 100% development and arcitecture role
Associate, Sales Services Technology
- Building out a global strategic platform for the sales organisation within the Securities Division.
- Delivered RESTful services to provide data for a sales commission application built on the platform.
- 100% development role following the Agile Methodology.
- Provide technical leadership by informing team biases and overseeing design/code reviews.
JANUARY 2014 - FEBRUARY 2015
Analyst Developer, Equity Derivatives Trading Technology
- Developing applications for and directly supporting the Equity Derivatives Franchise in EMEA.
- Delivered a new Options RFQ system for internal salespeople. Billions of notional has been booked through the system and it continues to be supported and enhanced.
- Delivered an enhanced options profitability framework for the traders that informs pricing on a client-by-client basis.
- Designed and delivered a Sales Blotter framework providing Sales with live and historical views of Trades, Client Positions, RFQs, Listed Options etc.
- 60/40 split between devleopment and support.
- Constant interaction with traders, salespeople and quants.
- Work predominantly in Slang/SecDB which is a proprietary language and database for the Securities Division. Also delivered projects in Java/C#.
JULY 2010 - DECEMBER 2013
- Delivered data acquisition systems for advanced rotary engines. This involved instrumenting an engine with sensors and collecting/displaying data in a performant and reliable way.
- Enhanced an application using the CAN protocol to interact with the ECU to automate engine testing.
- Support and develop business intelligence solutions and corporate procedures, mainly through SharePoint.
- Research new methods for recording and interpreting metrics on Engine Health (as part of University project).
- Work predominantly in C#, Visual Basic and some Java.